ELA District-wide Advisory Committee (ELA DAC)
Be a voice for English learners at the district level.
- The ELA DAC is a regular meeting where parents whose children speak a language other than English learn about how the district is supporting the success of English learners (ELs)
- ELA DAC representatives will also learn about their rights and responsibilities as parents and how to best advocate for their student(s). ELA parents are able to create positive change in their school and the district by being a voice for English Language Learners.
- ELA DAC representatives receive valuable information and tools to help support their children’s success at school and at home.
- ELA DAC representatives are given tools to share information from the DAC with their school principal, ELA PAC (Parent Advisory Committee), CSC/school governance council and other ELA families.
- Some ELA DAC meetings include resource fairs, with community organizations and resources for families and students.
- Free child care and refreshments are provided.
- Transportation to the ELA DAC may be provided. Contact your school’s parent liaison for more information.
ELA Parent Advisory Committee (ELA PAC)
Every DPS school maintains an ELA PAC, either as a stand-alone committee or as a subcommittee of another parent group. ELA PACs:
- Provide ELA program information.
- Increase communication between ELA parents, the school, and the district.
- Review implementation of the ELA program with parents.
- Provide a forum for schools to listen to parent concerns and address issues.
- Generate topics of interest for DAC meetings.
Our next ELA-PAC meeting is on the Wednesday, October 10th at 8:45-9:30 in the Elementary Library.