Physical Education/ Athletics 6-8
Welcome all for an exciting year 2012-2013!
Offerings for Physical Education in the fall will include Flag-Football, Soccer, Tennis, Fitness and conditioning. The students in Middle school will track and record their fitness levels throughout the 1st semester using the AFS activities logs( information will be sent home in early october, or check the web page) The fitness gram test will be given in late september and early october, this includes the Pacer test,90 degree pushup, and the curl-up. I will also check everyone body mass index, if I see a problem I will communicate that to each and every parent. Just a reminder that parents are welcome to visit my classroom anytime during the year, please stay involved in your sons or daughters education, It only goes by once. Thank You! Coach
4th and 5th graders this year will participate in a National P.E. Assessment with the Fitneesgram and Personal activity gram log. Logs will be sent home, the parents must acknowledge the students commitment and sign off, if you have any question please e me @ jeff_zinkedpsk12.org for any information or help.
My 4 components of P.E. are:
- To coordinate movement competence and a basic understanding of lifetime fitness and nutrition
- To teach personal and physical wellness
- To teach emotion and social wellness
- To begin an understanding of prevention and risk Management for wellness to live a healthy lifestyle
- To do this student are required to:
1. Participate regularly in my class
2. Students maintain a healthy level of physical fitness
3. Apply knowledge and skills to make good decisions
4. Engage in health promotion and health maintenance
My students are expected to:
- Respect Peers, Students, Community
- Cooperate and work well with the teachers at KCAA
- Be involved in learning new activities
- Follows teachers rules in and out of the Gym
- Follow all safety protocol while participating in all activities
Have Fun and Be Creative!